Continental Motors Group announces new pricing for Parallel Valve cylinders designed for LYCOMING®* and Titan™ engines
Mobile, Alabama, July 25, 2017 — Continental Motors Group™, Ltd of Hong Kong, Alabama, USA and St. Egidien, Germany, today announced new pricing for Parallel valve cylinders for LYCOMING®* and Titan™ Engines. These cylinders are certified by the FAA and are approved for installation on certified engines as well as on experimental engines. The new pricing structure brings even more value for money to Continental’s customers, while expanding their options. In addition to steel bore cylinders, Continental Motors® also offers a unique innovation with its proprietary/optional NiC3™ coating that helps prevent corrosion and premature wear.Mobile, Alabama, July 25, 2017 — Continental Motors Group™, Ltd of Hong Kong, Alabama, USA and St. Egidien, Germany, today announced new pricing for Parallel valve cylinders for LYCOMING®* and Titan™ Engines. These cylinders are certified by the FAA and are approved for installation on certified engines as well as on experimental engines. The new pricing structure brings even more value for money to Continental’s customers, while expanding their options. In addition to steel bore cylinders, Continental Motors® also offers a unique innovation with its proprietary/optional NiC3™ coating that helps prevent corrosion and premature wear.
Continental Motors® uses unique vertically integrated manufacturing processes to build cylinder assemblies, while ensuring the highest standards of product quality. The company has integrated the most advanced quality and production controls to ensure that each product that leaves the manufacturing line meets the most stringent standards regarding manufacturing excellence and quality.
“Parallel valve cylinders manufactured by Continental Motors® not only offer functional identicality, they also contain design features that ensure world class performance, durability, and reliability. These cylinders incorporate the most advanced manufacturing processes available in the industry today. Those competencies, in addition to our industry leading warranty and technical support, offer a great value proposition to all customers.” Said Robert Boggan, Vice President, Sales and Customer Service. “ All this wouldn’t be possible without very closely managing our global supply chain. As we are a global company, we buy materials globally before manufacturing our products in America and Germany. The benefit clearly goes to our customers, as we are able to pass savings directly to them, without compromising quality,” he added.
Continental Motors® Parallel Valve Cylinders are in stock and available through its Master Distributor, Aviall. They offer the best value for money available to aircraft owners, through a combination of immediate availability, aggressive pricing (starting at less than $1,000), industry leading warranty, and manufacturing excellence.
Continental Motors® Parallel valve cylinders offer many unique advantages:
1. Optional NiC3™ Electro-Plated Bore Coating: Hard and durable, warranted against premature wear and corrosion for 60 months- no other cylinder bore carries a warranty of this magnitude.
2. RR350 Aluminium Alloy: has better-elevated temperature properties than the traditional aluminum alloy that dominates the current market.
3. Fin Width and Spacing: optimum cylinder head cooling prolongs cylinder life.
4. Shell Moulded Casting: a manufacturing process that produces dimensional accuracy and improved metallurgical properties.
5. Casting Surface Texture: efficient cylinder head cooling - minimizes valve sticking and cylinder head cracking.
6. Hot Isostatic Pressing (HIP): eliminates sub-surface pores in cylinder head castings - improves resistance to cracking.
7. Calibrated Intake Port: use of a calibrated flow bench during manufacturing is standard procedure for all CM PMA cylinders - assures engine performance
8. Increased Critical Wall Thickness: the right amount of metal in the right place - no better cylinder is on the market today.
9. Plateau Bore Finish: a 2-step honing procedure, creating a finish of plateaus and sub surface valleys essential to ring break-in - lubrication of the ECi plasma compression ring and bore interface system.
10. Plasma Coated Top Compression Ring: scuff resistant and self-lubricating - easy break-in, longer ring life, less bore wear.
11. Valve Guide “Ballizing”: precision finished valve guides - reduces unscheduled maintenance costs.
12. Cut Valve Seats: proper guide to seat concentricity and geometry ensure proper valve seat heat dissipation and minimize valve guide wear.
13. Continental Motors® industry leading warranty, for even more peace of mind.
All Continental Motors® parallel valve cylinders and other spare parts are available through Aviall®, Continental Motors Master Distributor for aftermarket spare parts and your usual parts distributor. Aviall® stocks parts in 14 locations worldwide to ensure quick delivery of parts. 24/7 AOG Service is available. Aviall® can be reached at 1-800-284-255, more details on www.aviall.com.
AVIC® International Holding Corporation was set up in 1979, with majority shares owned by Aviation Industries of China (AVIC®). Headquartered in Beijing, the whole assets of AVIC® International are up to 250 billion RMB. The company has over 80,000 employees across 400 subsidiaries and is located in over 50 countries, has eight list companies. AVIC International is a well-diversified company, with holdings in International Civil Aviation, Trade & Logistics, Retail & High-end Consumables, Real Estate and Hotel Management, Electronics Manufacturing, and Natural Resource Development. More information can be found at www.avic-intl.cn.
Continental Motors Group, Ltd. of Hong Kong, China is a subsidiary of AVIC® International Holding Corporation of Beijing, China. Its mission is to provide advanced gasoline and diesel (jet fuel) piston engine products, spare parts, engine and aircraft services, avionics equipment and repairs as well as pilot training for the general aviation marketplace. Continental is an international operation employing approximately 450 team members in Mobile and Baldwin counties, Alabama, USA; 200 team members in St. Egidien, Germany; and eight team members in Beijing, China. More information can be found at www.continentalmotors.aero.