Continental Motors Group announces new line of Angle Valve Cylinders for LYCOMING®* and Titan™ engines – Available in stock now!
Mobile, Alabama, July 25, 2017 — Continental Motors Group, Ltd of Hong Kong, Alabama, USA and St. Egidien, Germany, announced today the availability of angle valve cylinders for LYCOMING®* and Titan™ Engines. These cylinders are certified by the FAA as PMA parts and are approved for installation on certified engines as well as on experimental engines. Continental Motors® furthers innovates by offering its proprietary optional NiC3™ coating that offers unprecedented corrosion and premature wear resistance.Mobile, Alabama, July 25, 2017 — Continental Motors Group, Ltd of Hong Kong, Alabama, USA and St. Egidien, Germany, announced today the availability of angle valve cylinders for LYCOMING®* and Titan™ Engines. These cylinders are certified by the FAA as PMA parts and are approved for installation on certified engines as well as on experimental engines. Continental Motors® furthers innovates by offering its proprietary optional NiC3™ coating that offers unprecedented corrosion and premature wear resistance.
Continental Motors Group continues to expand its range of OEM built cylinders for LYCOMING®* engines, including the popular 360, 540 and 720 series. Cylinders kits and spare parts including pistons, rings, and installed valves are available, as of today, offering unprecedented value and quality for money.
Continental Motors® uses a unique vertically integrated manufacturing process to build cylinder assemblies, ensuring the highest standards of product quality. Continental Motors® leverages its global supply chain, passing the benefits to its customers. The company has integrated the most advanced quality and production controls to ensure that each product that leaves the manufacturing line meets the most stringent standards regarding reliability, durability, and performance.
“Continental Motors® Angle Valve Cylinders offer a newer design and benefits such as tuned intake system, piston cooling nozzles, a stronger connection to the crankshaft, rotator type intake valves and numerous other improvements. They also have a slightly higher compression ratio as opposed to the parallel valve version. Combined with the improvements to the induction airflow and the other product enhancements, it results in increased performance when compared to the parallel valve design.” Said Jürgen Schwartz, Senior Vice President, Engineering.
NiC3™ Continental Motors® Angle valve cylinders offer many unique advantages:
1. Optional NiC3™ Electro-Plated Bore Coating- Hard and durable, warranted against abnormal wear and corrosion for 60 months or TBO (whichever comes first) - no other cylinder bore carries a warranty of this magnitude.
2. Advanced Aluminium Alloy – The cast aluminum alloy incorporates a high-purity composition derived from AMS4220 which results in an alloy with extraordinary wide envelope temperature properties that promote exceptionally long-term durability.
3. Casting Surface Texture – Promotes efficient cylinder head cooling
4. Calibrated Intake Port- A calibrated flow bench was utilized in casting development to produce a cylinder with balanced air flow and smooth operation.
5. Valve Guide “Ballizing” – the inside diameter surface of the valve guides is precision finished to reduce maintenance issues and costs.
6. Venturi Intake seat – Creates improved air flow.
7. Plateau Bore Finish – A 2 step honing process creates a finish of plateaus and valleys essential to successful ring break in and lubrication.
8. Plasma Sprayed Top Compression Ring - Scuff resistant and self-lubricating- promotes easy break in, longer rings life, less bore wear.
9. Shell Moulded Casting - A manufacturing process that produces dimensional accuracy and improved metallurgical properties.
10. Increased Critical Wall Thickness - In the combustion dome and thread region. The right amount of metal in the right places.
11. Optimized Thread and Shrink Band Fitment- Optimized steel barrel to aluminum head juncture for the strongest and most durable cylinder assembly.
12. High Chrome Exhaust Valve Guides - Improved wear resistance helps maintain cylinder compression ratios and peak horse power output during the life of the engine.
13. Continental Motors® industry leading warranty, for even more peace of mind.
All angle valve cylinders and spare parts are available through Aviall, Continental Motors Master Distributor for aftermarket and spare parts. Aviall stocks parts in 14 locations worldwide to ensure quick delivery of parts. Aviall can be reached at 1-800-284-255, more details on www.aviall.com.
AVIC International Holding Corporation was set up in 1979, with majority shares owned by Aviation Industries of China (AVIC). Headquartered in Beijing, the whole assets of AVIC International are up to 250 billion RMB. The company has over 80,000 employees across 400 subsidiaries and is located in over 50 countries, has eight list companies. AVIC International is a well-diversified company, with holdings in International Civil Aviation, Trade & Logistics, Retail & High-end Consumables, Real Estate and Hotel Management, Electronics Manufacturing, and Natural Resource Development. More information can be found at www.avic-intl.cn.
Continental Motors Group, Ltd. of Hong Kong, China is a subsidiary of AVIC International Holding Corporation of Beijing, China. Its mission is to provide advanced gasoline and diesel (jet fuel) piston engine products, spare parts, engine and aircraft services, avionics equipment and repairs as well as pilot training for the general aviation marketplace. Continental is an international operation employing approximately 450 team members in Mobile and Baldwin counties, Alabama, USA; 200 team members in St. Egidien, Germany; and eight team members in Beijing, China. More information can be found at www.continentalmotors.aero
*LYCOMING® is a registered trademark of Textron Innovations Inc. Any reference to LYCOMING® or associated trademarks, word marks, and products is only for purposes of identifying engines with which Continental parts are compatible, or for which Continental offers maintenance services. Continental parts compatible with LYCOMING® engines are aftermarket parts and are not original equipment parts. Continental is not connected to, af?liated with, or sponsored by, or endorsed by Textron Innovations Inc. or Lycoming Engines, a Division of Avco Corporation, or any of their affiliate companies.