New G500/G600 Flight Display Updates Enable a Number of Capabilities
Garmin is excited to offer increased capability of our G500/G600 flight displays. Software version 6.21 includes a number of benefits and features that are specific to certain airframes and installations:
- Control the Altitude Preselect for KFC 200/250 autopilots with the G500/G600 PFD, when paired with a GAD 43e
- Provides basic GWX 70 weather radar functions.
- Supports Cessna 400B/800B/1000 IFCS autopilots, when paired with a GAD 43e.
- For select TBM 700/850 models with the Garmin G600 and appropriate qualifying equipment, upgrading to version 6.21 will allow operations with Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum (RVSM) certification
- Flight director display available with Century IV/41/2000 autopilots.
- Display the flight director simultaneously with Synthetic Vision Technology (SVT) for select Cessna autopilots.
- Display navigation information from the GNC 255 series navigator receiver.
- Display DME from a KDM 706(A) DME, when paired with a GAD 43e.
Software version 6.21 is available immediately for the G600 while the G500 equivalent is expected to be available by February 2014. It is available as a free software update for current G500/G600 owners (installation charges may apply). To take advantage of these updates, please contact your local Garmin dealer for more information
Source: Garmin International http://www.trade-a-plane.com/company-search?id=53125