Aspen Avionics takes $1,000 off VFR Primary Flight Display
FAA-certified and ADS-B display capable VFR primary flight display provides more functionality and options at a price normally associated with non-certified avionics
Sun ‘n Fun Fly-In, Lakeland, FL, April 3, 2017: Aspen Avionics (Hangar C, booth 10-12) announced today it is offering Aspen’s industry leading FAA-TSO and STC certified VFR primary flight display (PFD) for $3,995 for the month of April, a $1,000 discount off list pricing.
Developed and certified in accordance with FAA TSO standards, the VFR PFD offers a long list of robust features and proven operation with many units installed and operated worldwide.
Advanced features include:
• Integrated air data computer
• Slaved directional gyro
• Course deviation needle
• Integration with a wide range of autopilots (with optional aircraft converter unit (ACU))
• Airspeed indicator
• Vertical speed
• Turn coordinator
• Wind indication
• Display of ADS-B weather and traffic
Because the VFR PFD is TSO’d and comes from Aspen’s well-known legacy of developing expandable and flexible architecture, the VFR PFD can be upgraded to a full IFR Pro 1000 or Pro Plus PFD in the future as pilot/owner’s needs and skills expand.
Upgrades to *IFR safety-enhancing functionality can be performed through a software upgrade eliminating the need for future cockpit overhauls.
Aspen’s VFR PFD is also NextGen capable displaying ADS-B traffic and NEXRAD weather when coupled with a variety of ADS-B solution providers including, Garmin, L-3, FreeFlight Systems and Aspen’s ADS-B transceivers at a price on parity with noncertified,
and non-NextGen capable PFDs.
“Aspen has been committed to developing general aviation solutions that are innovative,
safe, affordable, and contribute to the future growth of the pilot community. We continue to invest in this segment of the flying public that has been underserved with an
affordable glass panel solution that offers more value, features and functions than displays manufactured to the recently loosened certification standards,” said Mark Ferrari, vice president sales and customer support.
• Consolidates traditional six-pack instrument information plus CDI into a single display
• Displays winds aloft, OAT, TAS and ground speed
• Navigation display with 360-degree company and ARC modes
• Flight plan overlay with plan legs and waypoints, curved flight paths and nearby navaids
• Integral air data computer and attitude heading reference system
• Built-in battery and emergency GPS
• Works with existing avionics
• Unique PFD design slides into existing panel cutouts
- Analog Converter Unit (ACU) connects to autopilot for GPS steering
- Evolution Hazard Awareness System (EHA) provides weather, lightning and traffic hazards
- Angle of Attack (AOA)
- VFR to Pro 1000 software upgrade
* The VFR PFD is IFR capable with limitations
About Aspen Avionics, Inc.
A new way to look at avionics™
Based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Aspen Avionics specializes in bringing the most advanced display and sensor technology from the commercial and business aviation markets into general aviation cockpits—and budgets. Together, our Evolution Flight Display System, and NexNav™ GPS sensors help enable the aviation community to affordably meet the FAA’s NextGen mandate. The way we look at it, getting the latest avionics technology doesn’t have to mean spending a lot of money. At Aspen Avionics, we design products to be affordable, easy to install, and easy to own. The company can be found online at https://www.aspenavionics.com/, and may be reached at (505) 856-5034.