Plane-Power Re-Introduces Its Popular Line of High Output, Gear-Driven Alternators
Montgomery, AL, (July 18, 2016) — Mike Disbrow, president of Hartzell Engine Technologies, announced today that the company is re-introducing its Plane-Power C28-150 and C14-100 line of FAA-PMA certified, 28V/150 Amp and 14V/100 Amp high output, gear-driven alternators.
“The Plane-Power C28-150 and C14-100 series of high output gear-driven alternators were very popular with customers, but we encountered sourcing issues that needed to be resolved before we could again meet market demands,” Disbrow said. “The resolution is to offer factory-rebuilt units until the new sources can be brought on line.”
“There will be some internal components, that while not new, will be inspected, tested and certified to meet new standards,” he added. “These factory-rebuilt units will carry the same two-year warranty offered on every new Plane-Power alternator.
“The Plane-Power C28-150 and C14-100 gear-driven alternators deliver more continuous power at lower engine RPMs than any other aircraft alternator,” Disbrow said. “Aircraft owners with high electrical demand during ground operations; such as those with sophisticated avionics suites or electrically-driven air conditioning systems, will appreciate the abundant electrical power they will get at idle with these Plane-Power alternators.”
The following part numbers are now available from Hartzell Engine Technologies distributors at a list price of $1899:
• C28-150-FR, Factory Rebuilt 28V/150A, includes Debris Shield and Blast Tube
• C28-150S-FR, Factory Rebuilt 28V/150A, without Debris Shield and Blast Tube
• C14-100-FR, Factory Rebuilt 14V/100A, includes Debris Shield and Blast Tube
• C14-100S-FR Factory Rebuilt 14 V/100A, without Debris Shield and Blast Tube
About the Plane-Power C28-150 and C14-100 FAA-PMA certified gear-driven alternators:
• Available for Continental -520 and -550 and Lycoming TIGO-541 series engines.
• Dual cooling fans ensure effective cooling and unmatched durability even in low engine RPM/high output installations.
• Compact size simplifies installation and ongoing inspections.
• FAA-PMA approved, no STC required for installation.
About Hartzell Engine Technologies LLC.
Hartzell Engine Technologies LLC, along with its sister company, Hartzell Propeller Inc., form the general aviation business unit of Tailwind Technologies Inc., a growing aerospace technology company. Hartzell Engine Technologies is the leading OEM supplier of aircraft cabin heating solutions and engine accessories, including turbocharging systems, aircraft alternators, starters and fuel pumps. These product lines are produced under the Hartzell, Sky-Tec, Plane-Power and Janitrol Aero brands. For further information about Hartzell Engine Technologies and its products please visit: www.Hartzell.aero.
Hartzell Engine Technologies
Media Relations Representative
Hartzell Engine Technologies