Garmin Pilot for Android incorporates GTX 345 integration and more
Garmin is pleased to announce an updated version of the Garmin Pilot app for
Android, which includes integration with the new GTX 345 ADS-B In/Out
transponder, as well as additional trip planning enhancements and more.
GTX 345 Integration
Regardless of existing avionics configuration, the new GTX 345 ADS-B In/Out
transponder pairs with Garmin Pilot for Android to wirelessly display the following
- Subscription-free Flight Information Service-Broadcast (FIS-B) weather
- Complete picture of ADS-B equipped traffic, leveraging exclusive TargetTrend and TerminalTraffic
- GPS position information
- Back-up attitude information powering the rich, SVX synthetic vision and Garmin panel
Trip Planning Enhancements
Pilots can more easily select the best suitable altitude for their intended route of
flight using the Altitude Selector Guide. The Altitude Selector Guide can be
accessed within the Trip Planning form, which displays fuel burn, estimated time
enroute, as well as headwind or tailwind components. Pilots can then select
IFR/VFR and an East/West heading to derive the correct altitude for their flight.
Further aiding in fuel and trip planning, a Minimum Flight Requirement warning
will populate when the TAF for the departure or destination airports is at or
below IFR minimums. This warning populates as a yellow triangle in the
- Trip Planning icon on the main menu
- Departure/destination airport on the Trip Planning form
- Within the Upcoming Trip page
For IFR flights, the Alternate Airport Selection Guide displays airport information
along with ceiling and visibility. Pilots can simply select an airport to easily file it
as an alternate airport.
Additional Android Enhancements
- When paired with the GDL 39, GDL 39 3D, GDL 88 or Flight Stream 110/210, Garmin Pilot incorporates visual and aural ADS-B traffic alerts
- Airports can optionally be viewed in Google Maps
- Enhanced airport widget provides quick access to information including elevation, frequencies, runway and traffic patterns
- Support for multiple latitude/longitude formats when adding custom user waypoints
- Chart search is improved to display all charts for an airport and are sorted and color-coded by chart type
The latest version of Garmin Pilot for Android is available immediately in the U.S.
as a free update for existing Garmin Pilot subscribers. For new customers,
Garmin Pilot is available in the Google Play store as a free trial for the first 30
days. For more information, visit www.garmin.com/aviation.