SUPERIOR AIR PARTS WILL BE CELEBRATING 50 YEARS OF “MAKING FLYING MORE AFFORDABLE” DURING OSHKOSH AIRVENTURE 2017
As part of the celebration, Superior will be giving copies of Bill Ross’ new book “Engine Management 101” to everyone who attends one of the company’s 15 educational forums.
Coppell, TX, (July 17, 2017) — Keith Chatten, CEO of Superior Air Parts, Inc., announced today that the company will kickoff its 50th anniversary celebration at this year’s Oshkosh AirVenture.
“The 50th anniversary of any organization is big, but for Superior to achieve this milestone in today’s general aviation market is especially meaningful for everyone in our organization,” he said. “I would like to take this opportunity to thank every one of our suppliers, distributors and customers around the world for making our 50th anniversary possible.”
“Today, our tagline is ‘Making flying more affordable since 1967,’ and that commitment means a lot to us. Our customers have come to rely on us to bring some competitive cost control to the aftermarket parts business and we take that role very seriously,” Chatten said. “Considering we started by making a simple valve guide in 1967 and have grown to hold 3,500 PMAs today, it’s clear that aircraft owner/operators around the world appreciate the pride we put into every product that carries the Superior Air Parts name.”
“We invite everyone to come to our tent (#257) during AirVenture to see what Superior is all about and attend any of our daily educational forums,” he said.
Superior Air Parts timeline:
• 1967 – Company founded by Burt “Inky” Dedmon
• 1967 – Shipped first FAA PMA valve guide for piston aircraft engine
• 1991 – Introduced the Millennium Cylinder®
• 2001 – Introduced the Millennium Generation II®
• 2001 – Received the final FAA PMA needed to assemble an entire four cylinder aircraft engine entirely from FAA approved PMA parts
• 2001 – Introduced the XP-Engine™ Series kit engine for experimental aircraft
• 2002 – Held first XP-Engine Build School™ at Coppell, TX headquarters
• 2004 – Received FAA Type Certificate for the 180-horsepower, Vantage Engine™
• 2005 – Vantage Engine FAA certified on American Champion High Country Explorer
• 2006 – Introduced the 215 horsepower XP-400™ Engine
• 2015 – Introduced the 200 horsepower XP-382™ Engine
• 2015 – Received FAA STC to install the Vantage Engine on Cessna 172 (R&S) aircraft
• 2016 – Introduced series of educational forums at Oshkosh/AirVenture
• 2017 – Received 3,499th and 3,500th FAA PMAs
• 2017 – Sold the 2,300th XP-Engine kit
• 2017 – Millennium Cylinder® shipments surpassed 230,000 worldwide
• 2017 – Published “Engine Management 101” by Bill Ross
• July 25, 2017 – Celebrating Superior Air Parts’ 50th Anniversary at Oshkosh/AirVenture
Celebrating 50 years of “Making Flying More Affordable.”
As part of the 50th anniversary celebration Superior Air Parts will be giving everyone who attends one of the company’s educational forums a free copy of “Engine Management 101,” which was written by Superior’s VP Product Support and noted piston engine maintenance and operations expert, Bill Ross.
The free, 45-minute Forum sessions will be held at the Superior Air Parts tent (#257), which is just north of the Bendix/King Hangar B. Forum times are 9:00, 11:00 and 12:30, Monday through Friday.
“Superior has been built on the simple goal of producing engine parts that deliver unbeatable performance at a reasonable price,” added Scott Hayes, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Superior Air Parts. “Publishing Engine Management 101 is another way we’re continuing that commitment. Too many owners just don’t understand what they can do to get more life out of their engines. Bill’s book will give them a lot of valuable and proven insights and help them get to TBO at the lowest cost.”
About Superior Air Parts, Inc.
Superior Air Parts, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Superior Aviation Group. Founded in 1967, Superior Air Parts is the leading manufacturer of FAA approved aftermarket replacement parts for Lycoming and Continental aircraft engines. In addition, the company manufactures the FAA certified Vantage Engine and the XP-Series Engine family for experimental and sport aircraft builders. For more information, visit: www.superiorairparts.com