Williamsport, PA - 12 July 2016 - Lycoming Engines, an operating division of Avco Corporation, announces its 2016 EAA AirVenture activities that will take place July 25-31 in Oshkosh, WI. Attendees of this show can visit Lycoming at booth 277-282 throughout the week.
Lycoming Factory Tour – Since not all Oshkosh attendees can visit Lycoming’s factory in Williamsport, Penn., this year the Lycoming booth will offer attendees a unique experience of an interactive, self-guided tour of the Lycoming factory. The tour offers aviation enthusiasts the opportunity to learn about the manufacturing processes and innovation that takes place at the factory to produce genuine Lycoming aircraft engines and parts.
Expanded Forums Schedule – Lycoming is pleased to expand its forum schedule this year at AirVenture. Lycoming’s team of highly qualified product support representatives will share information and tips and will be available to answer questions regarding Lycoming’s products and services.
• Lycoming’s Littlest Engine Helps Fight Fires: Join Mike Kraft, Sr. Vice President and General Manager of Lycoming Engines, and Dennis Racine from the Textron Systems Unmanned Systems unit (TSUS) for an overview of Lycoming’s EL-005 engine and how the TSUS Aerosonde was used to assist the US Department of the Interior with fighting fires.
• Date: Tuesday, July 26
• Time: 11:30 a.m.
• Location: Forum Stage 4
• Lycoming Engines Tech Tips: Lycoming will host a forum regarding the care, maintenance and troubleshooting of Lycoming Engines.
• Date: Wednesday, July 27
• Time: 1 p.m.
• Location: Forum Stage 9
• Lycoming Answers FAQs: Lycoming’s team will be answering a series of product support frequently asked questions.
• Date: Thursday, July 28
• Time: 10 a.m.
• Location: Forum Stage 3
Aircraft on Display
• Extra 330LC Aircraft on Display – We are pleased to have an Extra 330LC (N856TW) on display at the Lycoming Booth during AirVenture. This aerobatic plane is powered by a Lycoming AEIO-580. Extra Aircraft will be on hand to answers questions as well.
• Evolution Aircraft Piston Evolution on Display – The Evolution Aircraft Company’s Evolution Piston (N52PE), powered by a TEO-540 Integrated Electronic Engine (iE2), will also be on display at the Lycoming booth. Lycoming’s iE2 engine is simply the most advanced piston engine aircraft technology in production today, and the Evolution is a unique aircraft that uses many of the iE2’s “flagship technology” features that are designed to maximize both engine and aircraft performance.
Lycoming Engine Specials with Van’s Aircraft Lycoming has once again partnered with Van’s Aircraft to provide show special pricing on genuine Lycoming factory new experimental engines during Oshkosh 2016. Visit the Van’s Aircraft display at 631-633 North Aircraft Display for more information.
Autograph Sessions with Aerobatic Legends Aerobatic performers Mike Goulian and Sean Tucker will visit Lycoming’s booth (277-282) during the show to sign autographs. Mike Goulian flies an Extra 330SC, powered by a Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-580 engine. Sean Tucker flies the Oracle Challenger III biplane, powered by a Lycoming AEIO-540.
Training Tent Seminars
Lycoming will be offering its Piston Engine Service School at EAA AirVenture again this year in the Training Tent at our booth, with sessions on different topics scheduled daily from 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Follow Lycoming’s FaceBook page (www.facebook.com/LycomingEngines) for updates from the show.
Additional questions regarding Lycoming’s Oshkosh activities can be directed to Katie Bell, Director of Marketing and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 570.327.7001.
Lycoming Engines specializes in the engineering, manufacture, service and support of piston aircraft engines. With a factory in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, Lycoming piston engines power more than half of the world's general aviation fleet - both rotary-wing and fixed-wing and also provides engines for military training schools and other specialized applications. Lycoming Engines is an operating division of Avco Corporation. More information is available at www.lycoming.com.